Monday, June 4, 2012

Busy Bee!

So this past weekend was quite the weekend for us. Friday after work started with me going to the gym, and then to Byron's grandparents house for dinner for Byron's dads birthday! We had a very good roast for dinner, I don't normally eat roast but this was very good. Nanny made some awesome homemade mashed potatoes and corn and homemade rolls! Great dinner to eat right after going to the gym, NOT! Before and after dinner Byron and I, his sister and her husband Byron's dad, uncle and all the kids played pepper in the front yard. Pepper is a fun game, I had never played it before. I guess I worked off my dinner though. Only bad thing about me being outside is I got eaten by mosquitoes! I think I was their dinner! I have about 15 bites per leg!


Caroline & I after the race
Saturday, was the Run Ella Run memorial 5k. It was our first 5k. Byron, myself, my friend Caroline, and Byron's 2 buddies Chris and Bobby did it with us. It was so much fun the guys did great all finishing around the 29 minute mark. Caroline and I didn't do quite as good, but we finished in under an hour. That was kind of our goal. I had a blast doing the Ella run and I cant wait for next year! After the run we went to eat breakfast with the group that did the run with us and after that I ran home to shower to go to a party at 12 at my sister in laws house only to get there and find out she canceled the party! I was quite upset that I rushed and drove all the way to her house, for her to tell me she must have forgotten to text me! She text 17 other people but not me!!

Byron and Tanner coming to finish line for the kids fun run

Tanner was still pouting
Getting closer, tanner pouted the whole time because he crashed and burned at the beginning in the big pile up, about 10 kids fell as soon as they started byron said. 

We Finished!
So after that fiasco I went home to go with Byron and Tanner to ride four wheelers at my moms house. We went to the sand pits and played in the mud. We had a good time. Tanner stayed with my mom Saturday night so that he could go to the luau at church with them that was being put on my The Shumate's (Ella's Parents). Byron and I went home after riding four wheelers to go shower (my third shower of the day!) and get ready for a wedding. The wedding was for one of my friends I grew up with at my dad's church. The wedding was beautiful! We went to the reception which was at The Hall at Senate's End. It was very nice. We didn't stay long because my feet were killing me and I didn't have any extra shoes. I decided like a genius to wear four inch heels to a wedding after running a 5k the same morning! What was I thinking!?!?!?! We left the wedding and went home. we got home about 8:30 and I changed and laid on the couch to watch a little bit of TV with my hubby. Next thing I know Byron's sitting next to me going "Baby, Baby are you ready to go to bed?" It was only 9 and I was asleep on the couch! Needless to say I slept like a baby that night!

This is what you get during church, a little boy who is still pooped from the
exciting day before! 
Anyways Sunday was my day of rest. I went to church and then Tanner and I went home to do nothing! He played in the pool and I made dinner and my mom and Madyson and Laura Ann came and ate dinner. After that it was homework and bed for me!  It was a very fun but very busy and tiring weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment